4-6 Weeks before
- Call to arrange move with Wonthaggi Removals & Storage
- Advise periodicals and other subscriptions of change of address
- Have a “spring clean” and throw out things you don’t need . BE STRONG
- Start using up frozen foods.
- Notify the appropriate government departments to ensure continuation of child endowment or pension etc.
- Contact the registrar of the children,s new school.
- Notify hire purchase company when making your next payment.
3 Weeks before
- Start packing .Remember to label box contents clearly.
- Buy boxes from Wonthaggi Removals & Storage.
- Plan how your furniture will fit into your new home.
- Sell or donate unwanted furniture.
2 Weeks before
- Notify the water authority, allowing 10 working days for a final meter reading.
- Notify Telstra for final reading, apply to have new phone connected at new address , again allow 10 working days.
- Notify banks, credit card agencies, health funds of change of address.
10 Days before
- Your packing should be close to finished.
- Check if you need more packing materials.
- Notify power & gas utilities for final readings.
- Finalise any outstanding accounts.
7 Days before
- Return library books.
- Cancel paper deliveries.
- Notify Post office. For a fee they will redirect mail for 12 months.
3 Days before
- Flammable liquids and dangerous goods cannot be transported or stored, so you’ll need to dispose of cleaning fluids, lawn mower fuel and so on.
- Make arrangements for someone to look after young children and pets for the moving day.
- Gas cylinders cannot be stored or transported, make arrangements for them to be transported in an open vehicle or return them to your “swap n go” depot.
1 Day before
- Empty fridge & freezer, wipe dry.
- Place pot plants in plastic lined cartons
- Pack all things you use often, mark “LOAD LAST” so it’s the first unloaded.
- Keep tea, coffee & snacks handy for moving day. Both you and the moving team will appreciate it on moving day.
Today’s the day
- Firstly RELAX!
- Stay around until everything is loaded.
- Check all rooms and cupboards.
- Check all taps & switches are turned off.
- Lock all doors and windows.
Within 7 days
- Advise taxation office of your new address within 7 days.
- Notify Vic Roads and alter vehicle registration & drivers licence.
- Notify Electoral office in your new area.